INGREDIENTS FOR 12 MUFFINS
• 1 package Breakfast Grains (any flavor)
• 1 cup water
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• 1½ cup all-purpose (or 1¼ cup whole wheat) flour
• ¼ cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• Optional fruit compote topping: small bag frozen organic berries, honey
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
• In a small bowl, combine water and breakfast grains. Set aside. Let the mixture soak for 15 minutes. Add the eggs and oil and mix together thoroughly.
• While the grains are soaking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 Celsius)
• Lightly grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners
• Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, until just combined, do not overmix.
• Fold in the in any optional ingredients listed below with a spatula.
• Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins until 2/3 full.
• Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
• Let cool for a few minutes before taking the muffins out.
• Serve warm or at room temperature.
Customise these delicious muffins by adding any of the following:
• ½ cup chopped nuts
• ½ cup dried fruit
• 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 tsp freshly grated orange or lemon peel
• 1 very ripe banana in place of the sugar
For Simple Fruit Compote Topping:
• Small package mixed frozen organic berries
• Put in pot and heat until berries are melted, produces liquid, and berries are warm
• Add a squeeze of honey to your liking
• Place muffins on plate and drizzle