Mushroom Parmesan Savory Grains Scones
These hearty, flavor-packed scones are a real treat for brunch, lunch, dinner or any time in between.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
MAKES 8 LARGE SCONES
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Add Savory Grains, stir and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add in butter cubes until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2-3 times. Flatten into a disk about 2.5cm high and 25cm in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet. If desired, brush tops with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-16 minutes. Serve warm.