"As a kid in Northern New South Wales, Dan dreamed of being a pro surfer. That dream landed him on the World Tour, with a deserved reputation for powerful rail work and committed surfing in challenging conditions. These days Dan still searches out those conditions, and also coaches young surfers, speaks out for environmental causes and practices gratitude for the journey, adventures and the friends with whom he keeps company."
- B Corp Ambassador
- 1% for the Planet Ambassador
- Coach and mentor for the Saltwater Institute Program
- Qualified for the 2008 World Tour through a 4th Placing at World Cup of Surfing (Sunset Beach)
- Won the Margaret River Masters Prime Event in 2009
- World Qualifying Series Champion, 2009